Do you want to finally turn that hobby of yours into a business or start making money from those skills of yours on the side?
Want to start a booming side hustle in 2019? Here are some things you should definitely note.
A side hustle supports your income and can help you make a career change with ease. Even if you are not looking towards making a career change, your side hustle can supplement your income and give you more experience in a certain field or industry.
You can also build contacts, grow your skills, and get known for what you do best with your side hustle.
Research has shown that many side hustles have led to real jobs, this definitely means that your side hustle can be a huge advantage for your career in the long run. In addition, it is a great way to build the skills you need for your entrepreneurial journey.
What is a side hustle?
A side hustle is simply a business you do ‘on the side’ while being employed.
Here are tips to help you run your side hustle smoothly:
- Identify your area of interest: What would you like to base your side hustle on? Do you want to be a freelance writer? Graphic designer? Virtual assistant? etc.
- Build the right skills: What skills do you need to build in order to help you become better at your side hustle? Do you need to take physical or online courses?
- Carve a niche for yourself: You also need to carve a niche for yourself so that you will be able to market your side hustle effectively, easily identify your target audience, and stand out in your industry.
- Set out time: You need to be dedicated and disciplined enough to set out quality time for your side hustle. Remember, you have to deliver both on your job and on your side hustle. So, take a look at your current schedule, how much free time do you have and how much time can you dedicate to your side hustle?
- Know your priorities: You also need to be able to determine which things are urgent, important, or urgent and important. Know your priorities and set your priorities right.
- Set SMART goals: Just the way you set goals for other areas of your life, you should set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound goals for your side hustle.
- Outsource: You really don’t have to do everything on your own. You can outsource some mundane tasks to other people so you will have time for the creative side of your business.
- Boundaries: You need to be able to know the thin line between your full-time job and your side hustle. Don’t allow one to take up all the time that you don’t have time for the other one.
- Have time for yourself: Managing a full-time job and a side hustle can be tasking. As such, make sure you set out time for yourself. Make out time to get in touch with yourself.
- Make sure your side hustle is sustainable before you quit your day job: Don’t be in a haste to quit your full-time job. Ensure you have enough customers and enough money before quitting.
Which other tips can you add?